Month: June 2020
The Eric Moss Fitness Personal Training Studio is reopening with these procedures
I’m so happy to be able to tell you that I’ve reopened my personal training studio on Main Street in Boonton. And yes, I personally believe that life needs to get back to some kind of normalcy, but with proper precautions in order to prevent the continued spread of COVID-19.
Here are some of the changes that are being made.
- Small group personal training has temporarily changed to one on one personal training (family members living in the same household can still train as a small group)
- To accommodate only having one personal training client in the studio at a time, the available hours are extended temporarily. See the personal training schedule page to check availability.
- Personal training clients will have to sanitize their hands upon both entry and exit of the personal training studio.
- Equipment used is wiped down with certified disinfectants in between clients.
- Personal training clients will have to wait outside for the previous client to leave and to provide adequate buffer time for disinfection.
- The grey mat (with the felt surface) will not be used during this time. The blue mat will be (I can disinfect the blue mat with time to dry).
- I wear a mask or personal protective equipment and try to maintain a safe distance as much as I can.
- For plate loaded equipment (barbells, dumbbells, and the vertical pull machine) I will take care of setting all that up for you. This is done to minimize the unnecessary touching of surfaces.
- Clients are asked not to put any equipment away. This is done so that I know what was used so that I can disinfect it.
- The personal training free trial membership is available again in a limited capacity. This is scheduled on a first come first serve basis and due to everything being 1 on 1, scheduling is limited to accommodate time to disinfect. If you are interested in the trial send me a text at 973 476 5328.
- The Amazing 12 Body Transformation Program will not be available to people who aren’t currently signed up for it, at least until restrictions allow more than one person in the studio at a time. Others interested can be put onto a waiting list with current active members given priority.
- Clients are not allowed to touch the iPad and are asked to minimize touching of things they aren’t using.
- This should be common sense, but if you feel like you may have COVID or were recently exposed to someone with COVID, or simply don’t want to take the risk…just stay home. It is better to err on the side of safety. I’ll write your customized program for you to do at home until it’s safe to train in person again (active members only).
This pandemic has shown the importance of what I do here which is making people healthy and strong. I’m happy to have returned and life heading back to normal. We buckle our seatbelts when getting into a car, not because we are likely to get into an accident, we do it just in case.
Please let’s not ruin this by not taking it seriously.
Eric Moss is a world-record-holding modern-day professional performing strongman, author, motivational speaker, and personal trainer. In the tradition of the strongmen more common during the turn of the century, he performs feats of strength such as bending steel and breaking chains as part of a show and speaks on goal achievement for corporations, nonprofits, government as well as for schools and universities. His exclusive personal training studio is located on Main Street in Boonton New Jersey, is close to Mountain Lakes, Denville, Montville and Parsippany New Jersey.