12 reasons Turkish Getups will make you awesome
This past Saturday (3/26/16) the personal record cowbell was rung twice. One by Tom Daly who achieved his first get up of 80lbs. and one by Maria who in just her second session with me did a get up with 40lbs.
Now if you are unfamiliar with some of the benefits that comes with a getup here I’ll list them really quick but I’ll warn you…it’s REALLY geeky.
- Promotes cross lateralization (getting right brain to work with left side)
- Promotes upper body stability
- Promotes lower body stability
- Promotes reflexive stability of the trunk and extremities
- Ties the right arm to the left leg, and left arm to the rightleg
- Gets the upper extremities working reciprocally (legs too)
- Stimulates the vestibular system (1 of the 3 senses that contribute to balance)
- Stimulates the visual system (2nd of 3 senses that contribute to balance)
- Stimulates the proprioception system (3rd of the 3 systems that contribute to balance)
- Promotes spatial awareness
- Develops a front/back weight shift
- Develops upper body strength, trunks strength, and hip strength
Turkish Get Ups Will Make You Awesome….plain and simple.