Yes, the Eric Moss Fitness personal training studio on Main Street in Boonton is back in action and doing our part to continue making the world healthy and that includes doing what we can to prevent the spread of covid-19.
Here are some of the changes that are being made and procedures being done here…at Eric Moss Fitness.
- Small group personal training has temporarily changed to one on one personal training (family members living in the same household can still train together)
- To accommodate only having one personal training client in the studio at a time, the available hours are extended temporarily. See the personal training schedule page to check availability.
- Personal training clients will have to sanitize their hands upon both entry and exit of the personal training studio.
- Equipment used is wiped down with certified disinfectants in between clients. (according to a list provided by CDC)
- The entire training area is sprayed with a disinfectant mist in between each client. When possible mopping will also be done.
- Personal training clients will have to wait outside for the previous client to leave and to provide adequate buffer time for disinfection.
- The grey mat (with the felt surface) will not be used during this time. The blue mat will be (I can disinfect the blue mat with time to dry).
- I wear a mask or personal protective equipment and try to maintain a safe distance as much as I can.
- For plate loaded equipment (barbells, dumbbells, hex bar, plateau buster and the vertical pull machine) I will take care of setting all that up for you. This is done to minimize any unnecessary touching of surfaces.
- Clients are asked not to put any equipment away. This is done so that I know what was used so that I can pay extra attention to disinfecting it.
- The personal training free trial membership is available again in a limited capacity. This is scheduled on a first come first serve basis and due to everything being 1 on 1, scheduling is limited to accommodate time to disinfect. If you are interested in the trial send me a text at 973 476 5328.
- The Amazing 12 Body Transformation Program will not be available to people who aren’t currently signed up for it, at least until restrictions allow more than one person in the studio at a time. Others interested can be put onto a waiting list with current active members given priority.
- Clients are not allowed to touch the iPad and are asked to minimize touching of things they aren’t using.
- I’m open to additional suggestions to help you feel safe.
- This should be common sense, but if you feel like you may have COVID or were recently exposed to someone with COVID, or simply don’t want to take the risk…just stay home. It is better to err on the side of safety. I’ll write your customized program for you to do at home until it’s safe to train in person again (active members only).
This pandemic has shown the importance of what I do here which is making people healthy and strong. I’m happy to have returned and life heading back to normal but we must proceed with caution even if it seems like overkill.
We buckle our seatbelts when getting into a car, not because we are likely to get into an accident, we do it just in case. This is no different and if someone is going to get it, it’s not going to be because I didn’t take it seriously.